Monica Boniadi, DDS, operates Aliso Laguna Family Dental Care in Southern California. Dr. Boniadi works particularly with laser procedures, porcelain crowns, porcelain fillings, and more. She shares six things to know if you are considering Invisalign.
1. Invisalign is more comfortable than traditional braces. The trays are custom-fit and completely tailored to your particular teeth’s needs.
2. Adults who need braces may prefer Invisalign due to the inconspicuous appearance. Most people might not even realize you are wearing them.
3. Invisalign allows you to maintain your current diet. You can eat and drink what you prefer without limitations, and without the threat of damaging your braces.
4. The Invisalign treatment method is most effective with permanent teeth. As such, it is recommended for adults rather than children.
5. While Invisalign is considered a cosmetic course of treatment, some dental plans do cover its cost.
6. While Invisalign is a beneficial treatment for many patients, there are limits to its benefits. For some patients with serious teeth crowding or jaw-related issues, another course of action may be recommended.