A member of the American Dental Association and the California Dental Association, Dr. Monica Boniadi has practiced general and cosmetic dentistry for more than 22 years. Monica Boniadi, DDS, owns and manages the Laser & Cosmetic Dental Institute of Orange County, where she offers cosmetic dental options such as Invisalign.
A convenient and affordable alternative to traditional metal braces, Invisalign technology shifts teeth with custom-made clear aligners. The dentist starts by utilizing a digital scanning system to create three-dimensional images of the patient’s teeth, then creates a custom plan that details the anticipated movement of the teeth and the duration of treatment.
The patient typically wears the aligners, which are made of SmartTrack® material and are virtually invisible, for 20 to 22 hours a day and changes them weekly. The smooth, comfortable aligner trays can be removed for special occasions and to eat or brush, and they can be easily cleaned with a brush and lukewarm water.
Monica Boniadi, DDS, is an experienced and established professional in the field of dentistry. The owner of Aliso Laguna Family Dental Care in California, Dr. Monica Boniadi performs all aspects of dentistry at her clinic, including Invisalign.
Invisalign is a dental technique that functions as an alternative to traditional braces. Unlike braces, however, Invisalign is clear, retractable, and almost undetectable, rather than the bulky metal and rubber bands of most braces. The apparatus looks similar to a clear retainer, molded perfectly into the shape of the wearer’s teeth, or into the shape that the wearer wants their teeth to reflect.
Additionally, Invisalign’s process is simple one, with easy steps taking place over a relatively short time frame. Since the active “retainer” is molded to the shape of the individual’s teeth, the patient first meets with a dentist or orthodontist to customize a specific plan, and to create a mold of the patient’s teeth. After this, the wearer will then upgrade to a new aligner every two weeks, so as to gradually transform their smile into the one that they desire, usually within a year or less. Finally, after treatment is complete, and depending on the individual’s teeth, the patient will be given an Invisalign retainer to wear at night or periodically to maintain their smile.
Monica Boniadi, DDS, operates Aliso Laguna Family Dental Care in Southern California. Dr. Boniadi works particularly with laser procedures, porcelain crowns, porcelain fillings, and more. She shares six things to know if you are considering Invisalign.
1. Invisalign is more comfortable than traditional braces. The trays are custom-fit and completely tailored to your particular teeth’s needs.
2. Adults who need braces may prefer Invisalign due to the inconspicuous appearance. Most people might not even realize you are wearing them.
3. Invisalign allows you to maintain your current diet. You can eat and drink what you prefer without limitations, and without the threat of damaging your braces.
4. The Invisalign treatment method is most effective with permanent teeth. As such, it is recommended for adults rather than children.
5. While Invisalign is considered a cosmetic course of treatment, some dental plans do cover its cost.
6. While Invisalign is a beneficial treatment for many patients, there are limits to its benefits. For some patients with serious teeth crowding or jaw-related issues, another course of action may be recommended.